Thursday, November 3, 2011

Do you have the right Inbound & Outbound Marketing mix

As days pass by, the consumer is starting to hate intrusive marketing & outbound is intrusive to an extent. I hate it when I receive marketing calls on my phone even when my number is registered with the DNC list, I hate spam emails, I think pop-ups on websites are old school. I have opted-out from most of my subscriptions because they just turned too intrusive and salesy.





The Market has flipped, people decide what they want and they will very soon have the option to Opt-out of all your outbound marketing channels, what are you gonna do about it! I have seen marketers tend to spend more on Outbound when they realise that they are not meeting their sales targets from Outbound. How weird is that?

Though i completely resent push-marketing but i still believe there is a better way to do it. Now here is a fantastic infographic from Voltier Digital which explains the difference between Inbound & Outbound Marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment