A few days back i wrote about Google's announcement on improving security by not sharing search results, I was not very sure about the ripple effect of the announcement but I'm getting a feeling now that the move will upset a few.
I'm completely in for whatever makes me feel secure when I'm transacting online, but i don't really consider capturing search phrases as intrusive. I look at Google as a middle man who will take me to what i need. In the process if the landing page figures out that i was looking for something and i stayed on their page or just bounced away, is a more constructive way of indicating whether i liked their website or not. By having this security i am not at all feeling more secured than usual about transacting on the landing website. Organic or Inorganic i dont think search data should be hidden from merchandisers.
Of-course i would like the web to be more specific and targeted to the incoming search terms, I want web masters & practitioners to design Websites which cater to specific needs when searched in Google.
Digital Marketers are sad about the fact that Adwords gets it all and they think its unfair and Google is misusing its monopoly. I dont really think its unfair, Visitors can distinguish between Organic results and the sponsored results and if something out of the sponsored section is something they are intrested in, they are aware that someone is paying and he will be tracking if not me atleast my search conditions. This security move from Google covers people who are using Adwords and people who pay for ads will be able to see their incoming search traffic, I think its fair to expect that when you pay for ads. People who click on ads are also aware of this fact.
Here's a Keyword Apocalypse infographic... which is nothing but a funny observation. I think sharing search data with the campaign owner is a fair move however not sharing organic search results is not fair :).
I'm completely in for whatever makes me feel secure when I'm transacting online, but i don't really consider capturing search phrases as intrusive. I look at Google as a middle man who will take me to what i need. In the process if the landing page figures out that i was looking for something and i stayed on their page or just bounced away, is a more constructive way of indicating whether i liked their website or not. By having this security i am not at all feeling more secured than usual about transacting on the landing website. Organic or Inorganic i dont think search data should be hidden from merchandisers.
Of-course i would like the web to be more specific and targeted to the incoming search terms, I want web masters & practitioners to design Websites which cater to specific needs when searched in Google.
Digital Marketers are sad about the fact that Adwords gets it all and they think its unfair and Google is misusing its monopoly. I dont really think its unfair, Visitors can distinguish between Organic results and the sponsored results and if something out of the sponsored section is something they are intrested in, they are aware that someone is paying and he will be tracking if not me atleast my search conditions. This security move from Google covers people who are using Adwords and people who pay for ads will be able to see their incoming search traffic, I think its fair to expect that when you pay for ads. People who click on ads are also aware of this fact.
Here's a Keyword Apocalypse infographic... which is nothing but a funny observation. I think sharing search data with the campaign owner is a fair move however not sharing organic search results is not fair :).

No comments:
Post a Comment