Monday, October 31, 2011

Wondering how to make a mobile-friendly email

Mobile traffic has been on the rise and so are people who check emails from mobile devices. Infact most of my database which were targeting age group 30+ were blackberry's and iPhones and the below 30 audience were on Android devices & iPhone. With confidence i can say the probability of my email being viewed on a mobile device would be close to 30%. CTR's from email campaigns were always in the range of 0.5-5% and you can expect it to go down further if your email is not mobile-friendly.  
 

Its always been a challenge to make your flashy looking HTML emailer compatible with a mobile. There are a few things you can do to make it mobile-friendly however with the variety of devices available designing a mobile friendly email is still a tough job at hand.

Here's a sweet infographic from Litmus.

1 comment:

  1. This has been so useful thanks!! I am aware about the problems facing emails when they are received via mobile phones. I have the problem myself when receiving emails on my phone and it can be really irritating.
    I may use this in the future - if you wouldn't mind. If I do, of course I will let you know and refer to you. It has been a real help.
    I use email newsletters and I worry that some of the readers cannot access everything when receiving on their phone.
    I don't know what kind of emails you send, but if you use email marketing as a strategy an article we have may also interest you, so feel free to read if you would like to http://www.lucidica.com/blog/online-marketing/email-marketing/top-tips-on-email-marketing-with-newsletters/

    ReplyDelete